greddy tic

Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 PM

greddy tic

whats up guys i have a 2000 s2k with a fujita cai and want to get a greddy tic catback but would rather have the single tip witch is the turbo tic will this catback still bolt up since i dont have a tubo s2k or will i have to get the regular tic...and how will it affect the running since its not a turbo s2k thanks
Old 01-07-2010, 05:06 PM

helpasap
Old 01-07-2010, 05:28 PM

haha yea man it will still bolt up... I don't know anything about the greddy tic but for NA cars you want some back pressure because it actually creates more horsepower but for FI cars you want as little resistance as possible so I bet that would be the difference between the turbo tic and non turbo tic..... I would guess that you will not see as big a gain with the turbo tic.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Dooper Senior Newbi

Originally Posted by s2k16803 View Post
haha yea man it will still bolt up... I don't know anything about the greddy tic but for NA cars you want some back pressure because it actually creates more horsepower but for FI cars you want as little resistance as possible so I bet that would be the difference between the turbo tic and non turbo tic..... I would guess that you will not see as big a gain with the turbo tic.
Sorry for sounding like an ***, but....

N/A or not back pressure is not what you want! a tuned exhaust basically deals with the speed the of exhausts exiting not back pressure. Larger dia will not push as much out at lower RPMs because there is more area to fill for a lack of better words. A bigger exhaust is not always better even with a turbo depending on waste gate type. it can cause boost creep and spikes and other issues. I see online all over the place about "back pressure" and it freakin kills me. Look at tuning the S in simple terms_ you can bolt on a 1100CC demon carb on an old chevy 305 but all it will do with factory jets is not suck in the air the demon is made for and shoot Way too much fuel which equals smoke. So what I'm sayin is talk to ppl that have played and dyno different combos and see what works. It's all psychics but I don't understand it all lol thank God for smarter ppl then me. If Carguy or one of those hardcore kinda guys don't chime in, go to S2KI it's unbelievable what some ppl know there.

I'm not sure if you mean there is an exhaust by GReddy made for FI or not? difference sounds just like a dual or single kinda thing both should bolt up if thats the case.