Go Back  S2000 Forums > Regional > Central
Grand Teton's and the S...........Warning, lots of pics! >

Grand Teton's and the S...........Warning, lots of pics!

Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 AM

Last edited by s2k 4 me; 09-07-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 AM

Awesome pics, 4me!! Wyoming is beautiful! Somehow the mountains are even better looking with a S2K in the foreground!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by phins2rt View Post
Awesome pics, 4me!! Wyoming is beautiful! Somehow the mountains are even better looking with a S2K in the foreground!

Thank you! Not bad for an amateur. Western Wyoming is nice........south & southeastern Wyoming is REALLY boring.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Righteous flix k 4.
'Gonna godda add you'da the list'a site photographerz.
Thanx fer sharin'.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the kind words!

Last edited by s2k 4 me; 09-07-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:37 AM

Great job s2k.............beautiful mountains
Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
s2k4life

Awesome pics, looks like a beautiful place, the car wasn't to bad either!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:51 PM
normal aspiration

Originally Posted by s2k 4 me View Post
Anyway, we stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge, its centrally located in the middle of the park. The lodge is amazing with its views of the Tetons and overlooks Jackson Lake and the surrounding marsh land. The animal habitat is abundant, with mouse, elk, bear, and deer. On Friday night we actually watched a bear stock a heard of elk. It was amazing to watch.
the grand tetons are truly beautiful.

we have a lot of mouse here. we don't usually categorize them as wildlife. generally, we try to trap them. peanut butter is excellent bait.

i have heard of elk, and heard elk bugle, but i have never seen a heard of elk. can you herd a heard of elk?

i have seen lakes and streams stocked with fish. i have seen bears fish lakes and streams. i have never seen bears stock an elk heard. this sounds a lot like jack and the beanstalk.

other than that, a great trip report. good photos.

my apologies kg.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post

we have a lot of mouse here. we don't usually categorize them as wildlife. generally, we try to trap them. peanut butter is excellent bait.

i have heard of elk, and heard elk bugle, but i have never seen a heard of elk. can you herd a heard of elk?

i have seen lakes and streams stocked with fish. i have seen bears fish lakes and streams. i have never seen bears stock an elk heard. this sounds a lot like jack and the beanstalk.

my apologies kg.
Since some people would rather check grammar and spelling than look at the pics I took the time and effort to post, you can just read the above post. I was more excited about sharing the pics with the members here than checking my grammar.

Its frickin people like you who run newcomers and other people off from this site..To the members that didnt get to see the pic's blame it on the idiot in the above post..I'm done with this site
Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Senior Member, Literally

Don't see any pics. Were they of a sexual nature concerning elk and bears? My wife must have child proofed the computer.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post

my apologies kg.

As human beings we all make mistakes, but obvoiusly some don't...........eh.......bb ?
The kids sharing his photo's ....thats all

Neil
Old 09-07-2008, 02:48 PM

I'd really appriciate you re-posting those photo's there s2k......

Neil
Old 09-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Senior Member, Literally

Put on your tough hide and re-post. Lots of people here would enjoy the pics and I'm sure it was an attempt at humor that didn't work for you.

There's lots better things in life to get upset about.
Like mebee where the economy is going.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Senior Newbie

I laughed at the silly spelling corrections, but can't see any pictures, what's up with that? Sheesh, if you don't like being corrected then spellcheck before you post, otherwise laugh with us, he's nailed us all, trust me!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Trqless

Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I'd really appriciate you re-posting those photo's there s2k......
+10
Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 AM

I would love to see those pic's but I can't figure out how to do it!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure that someone will guide me through it. I am a real computer dummy.

Don't worry about your grammar some folks are critical but maybe they are trying to help. Give them the benefit of the doubt, but NEVER NEVER let them chase you away. You should post here most of us enjoy what you have to say and it really fab when pictures get posted. For the most part it is a really great bunch of folk. My grammar for a grown up is atrocious. My spelling is not any better and I can't type, so considering all that I would never join in, but it such a fun bunch of S2K lovers that I can't help myself. As well as all those deficits that I have listed the only thing I know about cars is that I love my S2K. Oh, yes you might like to know JJ had sent me private messages to get me out of a few faux paux and set me straight, he even edited one of my emails which I did appreciate. So you can't let a few overly zelous grammarians upset you, maybe he was an english teacher. But he has a lot to offer and so do you, so stay aboard, try to relax about it, you would be missed.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:42 AM

I'm done with this site, But for those of you who want to see the pics: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...&f=44&t=629534

Last edited by s2k 4 me; 09-08-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 AM

I'm done with this site, But for those of you who want to see the pics: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...&f=44&t=629534

Your choosing an option that aint available s2k. Your one of the gang.
just like the rest of the group yer can't quit... you can only be fired ( and I know the boss so your ok )
Next round come out and keep yer hands up !

Neil
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM
normal aspiration

the air is thin in loveland; so are the skins. if you post drivel, expect to be lampooned. it was all in inane good fun. my intent was not to be malicious. i did not correct spelling--everything was spelled correctly. i left the grammar alone. i jumped on the usage.

Name:  tumbleweed-1.gif
Views: 41
Size:  46.3 KB
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM

S2K 4me,

Thanks the pics are really nice. I can see why you would want to make it a yearly trip, I would love to see the National Parks.

I was in Salt Lake City for the weekend. The mountains there were beautiful and the city exceptional. I even saw one S2K, black but it had the roof up, and it was a gorgeous weekend, (maybe he was just taking too short of a trip to put the top down). I would love to have yelled a hello to the driver, but I guess he wouldn't have heard me since the roof was up.

I hope you change your mind and stay, but do what you feel you have to, we will miss you---------------J