kansas met - S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2000 Forums > Regional > Central
kansas met >

kansas met

Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

kansas met

Old 10-06-2007, 02:15 AM

kansas met

have not picked a day yet this is a feeler to see how many people are in or around kansas. i live in wichita and am new to this site, i just got my 05 white 2000 a few weeks ago and would like to have some fun with other owners. there is only a hand full here in town that i have seen and most of them are older women that drive them, kinda makes me sick a little cause they dont know what they have. let me know if there is anyone who would like to meet up.
thanks, jason
Old 10-06-2007, 07:38 AM

something about a flock of distinguished ladies cruising around in their s2000's makes me laugh out loud.

you know, they're out bothering the locals, blasting their Tony Bennett and Mandrell Sisters LP's at the stop lights........getting in a rumble out behind the wal-mart parking lot, wielding a crochet needle and a bottle of fabreeze..... i can see it now.

i've never seen another s2k on the road. lonely out here in the boonies.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 AM

yeah not a whole lot out here. are u from wichita?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Never assume Jason.
Respect given means not havin' to come up against a surprise n' slink home.
Dunno if the lady I'm thinkin' of is still on the site, but we've had our share'a later-life ladies that check in from time to time n' one'uv'em had some track experience as a driver.
Hell! (No. Not you Morg.) Have you guys seen the "skateboarder" clip with the ol' lady air-baggin' the horn-happy Mercedes driver? **** 'em off n' they don't usually take prisoners.
Young whippersnappers!
Oooo! Godda run. Tony Bennett's on n' they're havin' a Fabreze sale..
Be well.
Java

Last edited by Java Junky; 10-06-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:08 PM

me too

its true about that s2k owner stereotype where i live, dallas/fort worth, i always keep an eye out for a potential s2 buddy to cruise with but all i see are older, or stuck up women, or "too cool" guys who don't even realize you have the same car as them, i got my car in april and all i've gotten was one honk and one wave,out of about 20 S2K's.

hell i'm lonely in the big city. its no diff than the boonies. except more S2Ks, and less cool people driving them.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Jus' an observation PR, it ain't the number'a folks that wave r' give you some cockamamie hand sign of brotherhood. It's the folks that'll willin'ly pull over n' offer assistance when you're in need of same.
'Seen too many situations where some poor guy's over on the side'a the road n' similarly dressed motorists (Bike, sportscar . . don't make no difference) that're hi-signin' everybody're conveniently lookin' elsewhere when they pass the stranded "brother".
Give it some time. You'll find like-minded Stewians in your area.
The sites're a good jumpin'-off point.
Be well n' be patient.
Java

Last edited by Java Junky; 10-06-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: A.D.D.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:13 PM

no i think that its cool that girls like our cars too, there is nothing wrong with it. i just would like to see younger people driving them thats all, i mean most older people dont want to join clubs and go for drives. i love driving mine around town i have the bigest dumb smile on my face when i do, and everyone has to slow down to look at me, but i think they are really looking at the car. i know the girls love it and thats all that really matters.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

I godda fall back to my opener: Never assume.
I can't say how it is in your neck'a the woods, but up here you wouldn't believe the number'a folks (Let's jus' say it'a a rather extreme range of ages.) that love gettin' together for planned rides.
The fella that I can think of with the most experience in this area is kgf as he's doin' this kind'a thing all'a time.
(Oh, n' don't believe him 'bout livin' in VA. He don't stay in one spot long enough to call anyplace home)
So, they're no doubt out there shark, but patience lad.
N' I see you've gotten acquainted with the famous Stewie grin. Ain't we all.
Be well.
Java
Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM

yeah i got the grin and i just cant help it. some of it is all the looks i get, people are not sure what kind of car it is but they like it and want one of thier own.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:55 AM

hey sharkbite!!
i'm from the other side of the country, but i'd ride with ya!
no stuckupedness behind this wheel.
regards, jagg.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Resident Track Whore :)

Originally Posted by sharkbite View Post
no i think that its cool that girls like our cars too, there is nothing wrong with it. i just would like to see younger people driving them thats all, i mean most older people dont want to join clubs and go for drives. i love driving mine around town i have the bigest dumb smile on my face when i do, and everyone has to slow down to look at me, but i think they are really looking at the car. i know the girls love it and thats all that really matters.
Hey...maybe you could get a sugar-momma out of one of those "distinguished ladies" driving an S around Kansas
Old 10-08-2007, 05:52 PM

thanks jagg might have to do that sometime, i have one sugar mama already but she dont have a S, where do u think mine came from, lol. anyways i was driving around on luch and i say a dude in one just like mine same year and color the only thing diffrent is mine has tan leather and his had black. so i pulled up next to him gave him a heads up and wanted to talk to him and he gave me this " who the f*&k are u and why the f&^k u pulled up next to me look" on his face. and i was thinking hey a^&^ck why u think ur better than me, we got the same damn car. anyways so yeah i thought that was kinda wrong of that guy, but oh well.

Last edited by gomarlins3; 10-03-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM

i agree that the dude in the other s was less than friendly,
but shaaaaarrrk,
you're not going to get a quality distinguished lady / sugar mama
with language such as this. they prefer a more eloquent style of speak.
a more gentle, caressing vocabulary is essential for scoring with the lady were trying for here. heaven forbid she accidentially come across your post, because then you won't have a chance.

so, a little practice for you.

repeat after me... " This mint julip is just divine."
or... " I say, those clouds over there appear very foreboding."

with a little effort, you'll be up and running in no time.

regards, jagg.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Resident Track Whore :)

Originally Posted by jagg View Post
i agree that the dude in the other s was less than friendly,
but shaaaaarrrk,
you're not going to get a quality distinguished lady / sugar mama
with language such as this. they prefer a more eloquent style of speak.
a more gentle, caressing vocabulary is essential for scoring with the lady were trying for here. heaven forbid she accidentially come across your post, because then you won't have a chance.

so, a little practice for you.

repeat after me... " This mint julip is just divine."
or... " I say, those clouds over there appear very foreboding."

with a little effort, you'll be up and running in no time.

regards, jagg.
LOL...that's classic. Although, it might be just as funny to see him trying to grab her by the back of the head in the more traditional ways of getting it done.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 PM

lol damn well i guess that that could be true but i am how i am and i dont need to change for any girl. but i do know that i shouldnt speak like that on here, so i will try harder not to be that guy. all i really want to do is just drive with the top down and a smile on my face.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Shark, may I suggest the Sargeant Snorkel School of Subdued n' Stealthy Swearin'.
I ain't gonna put it to any kind'a contest 'r nothin', but I doubt that there's many that've lived with "colorful" language as long as I have. 'Not somethin' that I'm proud of, n' it's also not somethin' that I can totally beat.
But for the printed (Or whatever the @*#& this is) word, n' with the teachin's of Sgt. Snorkel, you too can @*#&! with the best of 'em.
Like I said, it works for me.
N' not for nothin', but there're more than a few ladies on the site.
When my kids 'r Mama Java visit . . well, anyway . . . Sgt. Snorkel'll doo ya.
Be well.
Java
Old 10-10-2007, 06:36 AM

no harm done shark......like java said, do it for the ladies on the site. I've got a high propensity for foul language myself. almost an artform, based on a need for expression that they don't teach in english 101. Alas, lad...time and place, time and place.

next week:
detailed instructions on how to adequately perform
the back of the @#$%'in head grab!!!

i threw that in for you vez.

regards, jagg.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:52 AM

well good deal then,
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

I am fom kansas city mo but I can make it it's only 2 hours away. I bought my april last year. so let me know.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:09 PM

will do jadranko it wont be till this spring sometime when it gets nicer out. there is not a whole lot of people out around here that has s2ks and not many people are responding on this site and others about a met so we will just have to see.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM

wow i just found my secret compartment in this car, thats a halla bad *** place to store thing. i called the guy who i got the car from and he said that he didnt even know about it. i found all my books on the car and some stuff that came from the original buyers. its like finding a time capsule of my car. lol
Old 12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

so where is it. there are 2 comparments in the mid console or is it somewhere else,
Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 AM

yeah its the top console in the center compartment and u can hide some things behind the pass seat too.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:27 PM
TakeMyAdvice,ImNotUsingIt

im from omaha NE because of the air force, but im only 3 to 4 hrs away let me know about the meet im game
Old 01-20-2008, 01:19 PM

cool will do, i have a few people in town here and some from around kansas that will be game aswell. the only thing left is for the weather to get better.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:16 PM

yep
Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Site Owner

I live near cherry popper. id come also as long as work doesnt get in the way.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 PM

hopefully by the time the s2k meet starts ill have the turbo installed! Also id like to see d1sclaimer's supercharger
Old 01-25-2008, 03:08 PM

cool, well on sunday night my car and a highway sign got into it and my car didnt win, so now its at the body shop getting a new top, 1/4 panel and some paint. the sad thing is i wasnt even pushing the car very hard at all, i just hit some sand when getting on the freeway at the same time vtec kicked in and sent me doing 360s. this is a sad and a dumb *** move on my part, so now when i get it back it is going to stay in the garage till the weather is nice. but we will all do some driving come spring.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Site Owner

cool, well on sunday night my car and a highway sign got into it and my car didnt win, so now its at the body shop getting a new top, 1/4 panel and some paint. the sad thing is i wasnt even pushing the car very hard at all, i just hit some sand when getting on the freeway at the same time vtec kicked in and sent me doing 360s. this is a sad and a dumb *** move on my part, so now when i get it back it is going to stay in the garage till the weather is nice. but we will all do some driving come spring.
That sucks to hear about your car. I've gotten into an accident the same way before when I first got the car. pot hole + corner + going into vtec = accident with a ticket for "improper turn."
Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 AM

yeah it happends, just gotta learn and go on.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Banned

did u figured out when u gonna do it. see i there is a drag strip we can go to so e can compare the speed. let me know
Old 02-07-2008, 08:40 AM

we are all just waiting for the weather to get better, so maybe in another month or so, drag strip would be cool i would like to see the difference from the turbo and sc.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Site Owner

we are all just waiting for the weather to get better, so maybe in another month or so, drag strip would be cool i would like to see the difference from the turbo and sc.
Don't forget the N20!!! Im putting mine on since its gonna be a little more while before i can afford a sc. I talked to a guy on s2ki about his N2O and we have the same kit and AP1s. Hes running a 75 shot of dry N2O. Now, im not worrying about messing things up with it.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:22 AM

im not a big fan of n2o, the only think i like about it is i get good and high when im getting my teeth drilled on. but still i would like to see an s run with it.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:02 AM
St00pid Ricer

Wish I could make it down there, but it'd be a bit of a drive for me... I'm in north-central Nebraska, so even though Kansas is about as close as I could get for an S2000 meet, I'd have a tough time swinging the deal.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:04 PM

yeah that drive would suck, its hard to find other s2k owners around our parts.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Banned

you wanna do it on the week of april 11 i hear it would be nice weather
Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 AM

well i dont know about anyone else but im going to be going to the arkansas s2k meet on that weekend.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Village Pyro

I am in Tulsa,OK I might be able to make a Sat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kansas met

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.