All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

Heater /AC Blower and function of system - ISSUES (HELP)

Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 AM

Heater /AC Blower and function of system - ISSUES (HELP)

Hi everyone I have a 2001 S2k Here are my issues:
Your help is greatly appreciated!! These are issues that are winter only problems..

1. I get fumes from engine unless the interior recycle button is depressed. (I do have a straight pipe and I am thinking that without a Cat the fumes are worse)
2. When this interior recycle button is depressed I notice cold (outside) air coming from behind my seat and under my seat.
3. The car will only defrost when A/C is on.. I understand this one its just irritating.
4. If the blower is turned up past 4 bars there is a door under the dash that flaps closed not allowing any air to pass up the window defroster..

Can anyone help answer these questions? I'm hoping some of these things are simple fixes..

Thanks,
Chip
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
S2000.com Sponsor

Originally Posted by badhbtz View Post
Hi everyone I have a 2001 S2k Here are my issues:
Your help is greatly appreciated!! These are issues that are winter only problems..

1. I get fumes from engine unless the interior recycle button is depressed. (I do have a straight pipe and I am thinking that without a Cat the fumes are worse)
2. When this interior recycle button is depressed I notice cold (outside) air coming from behind my seat and under my seat.
3. The car will only defrost when A/C is on.. I understand this one its just irritating.
4. If the blower is turned up past 4 bars there is a door under the dash that flaps closed not allowing any air to pass up the window defroster..

Can anyone help answer these questions? I'm hoping some of these things are simple fixes..

Thanks,
Chip
1. exhaust smells are unrelated to your HVAC system... its in the dash... the only inlet is near the windshield.... no cat will mean some different smelling exhaust. if you smell it now and didnt smell it then it just means you did not notice it before
2. thats... strange... dunno.
3. normal... for a reason. defrosting/defogging the windshield requires DRY air... the air coming out of the a/c is dehumidified and that is why it turns on. if the a/c wasnt on the defrost/defog would suck
4. same as#2... weird mang
Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 PM

Hey Bad, I had the same problem. I popped my hood to have a sniff around and lo and behold -- my oil filler cap wasn't on. I forgot to replace it the last time I added oil. I cleaned up the oil that had sprayed, put the cap back on, and viola! No more fumes or smell when I turn my fan on. I hope your issue is as simple.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 AM
THE STIG

Hey pocket, keep an eye on the date and time of the posts. This one's like a year old. Not trying to be an a$$, just letting you know.