Clutch Smell?? - S2000 Forums

All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

Clutch Smell??

Old 11-27-2013, 11:47 PM

Clutch Smell??

Hello everyone! I'm new here and in of need of help! I've bought my dream car about 9 months ago, and 'till about a week ago i encountered my first problem . I noticed my clutch was engaging very low and there was a smell of clutch. So i did some research on why that was happening. I checked my clutch fluid and it was really really low! I assumed the master cylinder was leaking and YES it was! I had the master cylinder replaced as well as the slave replaced with new fluid (oem). Now a week later i still smell the odor every time i get out of the car Does anyone know why this could be happening? I tracked the smell and it seems to be coming from the back of the car. My brakes are starting to squeak but the pads seem fine, maybe that's causing the smell? i dont know, please help! I have an 00' s2000 with 60k miles
Old 11-28-2013, 06:35 AM
mlc

Are you sure the smell is clutch and not brakes? Could it be that one of the rear calipers is sticking and causing it. If you drive the car for a while is one wheel hotter then the other? If so that might be your problem.

Just an FYI I usually have a little smell of clutch after I drive the car but I usually am having "fun" when it happens. It only lasts a minute and then goes away.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:37 AM
normal aspiration

i get the clutch stank after shut down if i have been changing gears at the top end of the tach and the clutch delay valve has been doing what it does. i'm sure there is a little slippage there but that's normal. do you always drive aggressively? not sure what the brakes smell like as i have never abused them, but the clutch does have a very distinctive odor.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:00 PM

Its not just a little smell, its very noticeable, even when i am driving with the window down. I dont drive aggressively. I just came back from the store and smelled it again... its from the rear drivers side wheel... Maybe it is what you suggested. Ima have to take it to the shop again on Monday to see whats going on >.<
Old 11-28-2013, 05:58 PM
normal aspiration

Old 03-25-2014, 05:29 PM
ranger293

I had the problem with mine. It also had a sticking point in the clutch pedal when it was depressed. I had to replace the master cylinder, the rod, and the clutch and throw-out bearing. The clutch was toast. I bought the car used and evidently the guy that had it before me had a good time with it.