All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

someone knifed my top

Old 01-13-2007, 12:46 PM

someone knifed my top

yo guys, someone knifed my convertible top about 2". a 2" cut. I was wondering if there is a simple way of fixing it or patching it up? any patches available? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot guys.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:30 PM

gO tO the car dealership....most car dealerships have a free lance Interior repair guy ....that would be your best bet
Old 01-13-2007, 06:11 PM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!! I'am so sorry to hear what happened to you. I've had the same type of $#!% happen to my cars and it sucks. I hope your insurance will cover the damages
Old 01-14-2007, 12:17 AM

That's just plain sucks!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

If they can't take it from you, they'll damage it to do what they can to take away your enjoyin' it. Not exactly a productive ad for "it takes all kinds". 'Sorry to hear about it wall.
'Jus' a note: gettin' damaged is alodda time the result of you n' your Stewie bein' intentionally targeted for one stupid, usually imagined, reason 'r other. Watch where you park it (especially in the same general area as where it took place) n' keep an eye on it. Fixin' it may only set up as bein' a target again. It ain't the way it should be.
As for repairs, I 'm sure that the dealers n' alodda shops have somebody on staff that could mend it, if the price is reasonable.
If not, there's a cloth glue that alodda hardware stores n' Target n' the like carry (sorry, 'can't find mine to give you the name) that would allow you to put a like-colored patch on the inside n' at least take care of the immediate problem. The stuff puts a death-grip on cloth. (N' it jus' might be the same stuff that the "professionals" would patch it with . . maybe)
Good luck wall. 'Hope that's the last of this kind'a crap.
Be well.
Java
Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 PM

what A-holes, there are heaters eveywhere. sorry about that man, that even hurts me. punk a$$es. well look at the bright side this would be a good time for a carbon hard top, you can fine them on e-bay for a good price. anyways good luck
Old 01-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Resident Track Whore :)

I would personally break both knees and ankles with a baseball bat if I was able to find the person who did something like this to my car. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:16 PM

Tough call. Because your insurance company should replace it if it can't be satisfactorily repaired.

And for the cost of an OEM replacement, you could probably almost buy a hard top. Only problem will be coming up with your deductible.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:47 AM

Hi Wall! Let's form a posse and take after them bastards. In the past, I have owned a lot of CJ5 Jeeps which were soft tops. When I would be 4 wheeling and tear a portion of my top I would take it to a canvass manufacturing and repair facility. If you live in an area where most homes have canvass window eves, or outdoor funiture with cavass, they might help. Another potential is to call a few upolstering companies and see if they can fix it for you while you wait. They may even have the color of canvess too. Best of luck bud!
Old 01-24-2007, 04:43 AM

appreciate it guys, thanks a lot soo much.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM

Knifed 2 times in a month &14 days!!!

I am about to go crazy! My 2010 Ford Mustang convertible has been knifed twice in less than 2 months! Everyone says duct tape it (tried) but the rip is so wide it doesn't work! Both times happened in my gated condo community where everyone owns and I have an assigned carport. I never keep anything in view to encourage someone to break in, well I don't keep anything of value in there period. Both times they had nothing to take. I have had to pay a $500 deductible both times and then rent a car while it is getting fixed. What sucks is I drive around all day for my job and the first time they slashed it we had bad rain storms for a week straight so I had to then use my personal days off of work. I want a batman like shield to cover my car!. With a push of a button, my car is covered in metal! On a serious note, anything to put over it and protect it??? I don't want to sell my car and I own so can't move easily. I know it will happen again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	3894   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	3895  
Old 06-15-2011, 09:30 PM

That's too bad man... envious people...
too bad you didn't catch him in the act!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 PM

I'm pretty sure my attack happens any time from 3-4 in the morning. If I wake up that time I go out there to take a peek. But don't worry---my condo won't get a camera, BUT they are getting a patrol service who will "be in the area" and go through the parking lot DURING THE DAY due to people not following pool rules!!!!!!!! Wish there was some way to protect it at night
Old 06-16-2011, 03:06 AM

You could get a Proximity Alarm, that will warn when someone even gets close to your car. Always a good idea for a convertable, as it can set down low pointing up, and sense when someone reaches in or over the car.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 AM
THE STIG

That sucks! Sometimes I hate people (oops, wrong thread).
Old 06-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Dismember

I am really sorry for both of you Wallc + SuperK; that really sucks.

SuperK- twice at home is totally unacceptable...no cameras? If I were you I would catch that fool. Set up a camera somewhere or put a real sensative alarm and wait for that bastard every night!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:42 AM

Just leave it down?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:25 AM
House of CR.

Sorry if your top was slashed, where is the cut located? Is the cut to the right rear area? Is it possible the top was cut by the metal frame of the top? There is a TSB for top damage caused by the frame for newer S's, and a possible partial to full replacement for older models.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...age&img=659267
Old 06-16-2011, 09:42 AM

You guys are awesome! I will for sure look into the proximity alarm! Thanks! I would love to scare the **** out of the person....and catch them! I'm wondering if it is so sensitive it goes off when my neighbor pulls in next to me and such.

The tear is in the middle and isn't caused by anything other than someone breaking in. They go through my console every time....

I thought about just leaving my car unlocked but the fool may not realize it and still tear the top. If you leave your top down at night too much moisture can get in and cause damage to your car. For while it's torn, I was told to not put it down bc it might get stuck and cause more problems/money.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Resident Vigilante

Originally Posted by Vezna31 View Post
I would personally break both knees and ankles with a baseball bat if I was able to find the person who did something like this to my car. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
+1 Spoken like a true east coat Italian Vinny! Don't get mad ... get even with interest. Personally I would just shoot them and make it look like it was their fault.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Resident Vigilante

Originally Posted by superk1317 View Post
You guys are awesome! I will for sure look into the proximity alarm! Thanks! I would love to scare the **** out of the person....and catch them! I'm wondering if it is so sensitive it goes off when my neighbor pulls in next to me and such.

The tear is in the middle and isn't caused by anything other than someone breaking in. They go through my console every time....

I thought about just leaving my car unlocked but the fool may not realize it and still tear the top. If you leave your top down at night too much moisture can get in and cause damage to your car. For while it's torn, I was told to not put it down bc it might get stuck and cause more problems/money.
If you go this route look into a silent alarm option that pages you. What follows when you catch them in the act ... I will leave to your more than capable imagination.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 AM

ha ha nice. I have a very good imagination. lets just say i live in tx.....

I'd like an alarm that scares him and notifies me. I'd rather not get my car slashed and put myself in harm. I'm a lady but a tough one at that!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 AM

You guys are awesome! I will for sure look into the proximity alarm! Thanks! I would love to scare the **** out of the person....and catch them! I'm wondering if it is so sensitive it goes off when my neighbor pulls in next to me and such . . .
You can actually get a two stage proximity alarm, stage 1 is a warning beep and or a message of 'Please step back from the car or the Alarm will sound', stage 2 is the alarm going off.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Party Rock Crew

OK, is it just me or for some reason are all these old posts being brought back to life...this one is from 2007 another one from 2008.... or is my clock off?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

'Peerz soop reactivayded a t'read on'da same topic starr . . radder'n startin'a new one.

'Att'z got benefitz azz'itt allowz history'da serve'a purpose'n'da same $hit don't godda be typed all ova again.

('N'iss huntin'n peckin' $hit gettz mighdy ol' afder a while, y'know?)

('N x2? We're in agreement on Vinnie havin'izz rootz somewhere in'da lan'a us Joisey guineaz. 'Dink'ee mighd'a worked wit' Uncle Tony'n cousin Vito in'a "enforcin" department.)
Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Mik

Just curious where the cut was. Was it perhaps just above one of the two latches?

There is a failure mode where a bracket is supposed to slide out of the way when folding down, that tears the top just above the latches.

Mike
Old 06-29-2011, 08:42 PM

Unless the bracket breaks in the middle and each time during the hours of probably 3am-4am and then the bracket opens up my console and goes through it. No, I know the difference bw a break in non break in. Selling it and getting a hardtop
Old 06-29-2011, 09:09 PM

Unless the bracket breaks in the middle and each time during the hours of probably 3am-4am and then the bracket opens up my console and goes through it. No, I know the difference bw a break in non break in. Selling it and getting a hardtop
Just FYI, you could consider a hard top convertible to keep the convertible feature.

Also, I'm surprised there are no motion detector cameras you can mount in your car and have it video the externals through the windows. Maybe there are.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 PM

I had a hard top convertible before this (pontiac). Getting a 2011 camaro. The market to buy convertibles now is pricey and to sell is great
Yea, heard there are alarms, but I'm over it, and I still feel they could do a quick slash and run. No one is going to wake up and go outside to see what the noise is.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 AM

Sad !!! : (