All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

Sold my S2000 but i'll keep it close to my heart

Old 07-22-2006, 12:21 PM

Sold my S2000 but i'll keep it close to my heart

Hi there,

I bought this instead...

These aren't available in the US i think?
Comparable to a lotus elise but it has ABS and an airbag.
I really like drivin the thing.
Still a fan of the S2000 and i'll keep regulary checking this forum.
Dunno if this this is a good thing or not for you guys.
:P
Cheers
Old 07-22-2006, 12:25 PM

some more pictures... if this is allowed on an S2000 forum...

Old 07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Hey RC;
I was wonderin' where you'd gotten off to.
Impressive. Best of luck with it. Keep us posted on how you deal with not havin' the ability to go topless.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:31 PM

IT IS topless!

Well, kinda... not completly.
It has a fixed rear window but other than that it is toples just like a lotus elise... or better said like a crx delsoll.
It shares the same chasis as the lotus elise but with an engine from GM or called "opel" in Belgium where i live or "vauxhall" in the uk.
The driving experience is raw and uncompromised, it even hasn't got any powersteering because of the light weight of the car.
I really like it, i really do and it really goes without the need for a v-tec.
Now were talking about v-tec it is possible to put a honda 2.0 type R engine in it, that would be mindblowing in such a light car, but it's enough for me to weave by the traffic with the standard engine (or at least for now,hehe).

PS: Now and then i was still watching this board, i was never really away, like an angel watching from above saying it was good down there, lol.

cheers
Old 07-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

There's topless . . n' then there's topless.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:23 AM

No Opel in the US. However, doesn't that car share platform with the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn SKY?

Both those US cars are disappointments in the performance category, and are put to shame by the recently updated Miata, not to mention the S. But, I don't think they're marketed at the same segment as the S or your Opel. The guage cluster in your car looks like it's right out of the Elise.

Anyway, enjoy the car!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:31 PM

Thanks halo,

Not in a mile comparable to the pointiac solstice or saturn sky (called the 2nd generation speedster in europe, but this folow up doesn't do it's predecesser justice).
Performance figures are about the same as the S2 elise.
It shares the same platform as the lotus elise and has the same philosophy as the lotus elise (a great chasis, lightness but the speedster has more torque then the lotus).
It's the first car pure to the driver experience that is produced from a giant factory GM that is used to deliver car's to the masses but wanted to boost up it's image away from making boring cars!
There's also a turbo version that is faster and does 0-100 km/h in 4.9 sec but it weighs 80 kgs more then the standard one.
I like to keep it NA but i will tune it a bit someday.

Here's a link with some videos...

http://www.myspeedster.ch/videosperso.html

The last video below features music from Bon Jovy, it is a commercial from this car.