All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

s2000 price in australia...

Old 10-12-2003, 01:13 AM

If you are 19 in Australia you could probably add on another 4-6 thousand dollars for insurance alone (if anybody will insure you that is).

I've seen 1999/2000 model s2000's selling for around $50000-55000. I've seen 2001 models selling for about $60000 and 2002 models are closer to around $65000.

Based on this trend ($5000 per year), in 4-5 years time my guess is around $30-35K ?

[email protected]
Old 10-12-2003, 11:10 PM

okay im not 'guest' anymore, im s2o0o i wish i can get an s2k ill try and get one
Old 10-13-2003, 04:04 AM

There are a lot of other cars that are nice to drive that may be closer to your budget.

I just bought my s2000 3 days ago, before that I had a Mitsubishi FTO...I thought that was a great car, it is a very close race between it and a Honda Integra Type R (but I think it looks better than the type R's).
It is front wheel drive but it handles really well. When I bought it there weren't too many around, but in the last 3 years they have been growing in popularity quickly.

I guess that is one reason I liked the s2000 also. It is a great looking car, has quite a bit of power, and there aren't all that many around either.
I've only driven the car a few times, I have to get used to driving manual.
I've already had the back end loose around a corner (big black fishtail up the street) hehe - ahhh its all fun.

Its good to have a goal in life. Although my father kept going on about how buying a $50000 car is a waste of money and how I could buy a house with that money ...yadda yadda yadda.

[email protected]
Old 10-15-2003, 11:24 PM

think

Dude.. just bye one.
nomatter what, you will be surrprized at how much it will go down in worth. if you bye one, just keep it and enjoy it for a long time. if you sell it, you will make a big loss!!
Old 10-24-2003, 06:01 AM

I still haven't seen F&F 2 yet...I must go buy it on DVD...but then again I'm still paying off my credit card debts associated with buying my s2000 and have rego due in a few weeks.

[email protected]
Old 10-28-2003, 02:13 AM

hey dude, just keep working at it, dreams do come true and you shouldnt settle for second best. i got an '00 s2k when i was 19 (im 20 now, with my own money) and it was only 47990 from a dealer, you just never know.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:52 PM

aww

aww thanks. i really want one so bad! hearing from people like you makes me even more intentional of getting one. and [email protected] you have to see 2f2f! its cool as and suki (the chick who drives the s2k) is mean! shes careless of her car, she smashes the front bumper (the veilside kit) off the front. tss! hehe sorry to give it away but if i had the chance, i would LOVE to have that s2k. debt for the car? damn..! well keep it up people and have fun! i look up to all you s2k owners so when u cruise in your car, just remember "theres some weirdo girl that wants my car, and she looks up to me' *hehe*
Old 10-28-2003, 08:57 PM

hehe yeah I just saw that on the weekend...went and bought it on DVD.
The specs of the car are on the web somewhere..I checked them out before.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:59 PM

Theres always a spot in the passenger seat for some weirdo girl - lol

hmm actually don't know about weirdo.....
[email protected]
Old 10-28-2003, 09:08 PM

haha

haha sure there is room for a weirdo...girl! haha! yeah i have a list of all the mods for suki's car. some think shes pretty ugly when in actual fact, shes a top model (devon aoki). oooh im so excited, i really cant wait to get one. 2 or 3 weekends ago, i went in my first s2000 and i was so excited. the guy definantly thought i was obsessive *hehe* he took me for a little drive too. BUT, i didnt drive it . okay serious question to you here...when you drive your s2k, is there people starring at you as if they are saying "wow"? coz i do that to people, and shove my camera out the window and take a few pics hehe.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:54 AM

haha, thats a definite yes, i had a few people stare, some point, others even cheer. i even had a school bus full of kids yell and go nuts over it, its pretty funny...but i guess i bought one to primarily turn heads...and nothing turns head like a convertable.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:40 PM

hahaha

school kids on a bus going nuts over it. haha was it me? nah playin', but seriously, i am one to go full on sick when i see one. im calming down a bit though *hehe*. certain suburbs where i live have just alot of nice cars around, so i always go down there. i really am so excited to get my own honda s2000! oh my god...im happy all of a sudden. convertables are the best to turn heads. someone i know has a bmw Z4, but still, i reckon s2k's are way WAY better. i havent really opened the boot of one but do they have alot of room. like ive seen pics but i want to know because i want to put in a really nice sound system when i get one. they look roomy, but i need room for the 'groceries'...haha! nah you get what i mean, like i need to put stuff i buy in there. tsss okay im sounding gay now. but omigod, i will be a chick with an s2k. come to think about it, i have never seen a chick drive one apart from in 2f2f...AND i see alot of old men that look as if they have retired driving them. sheesh honda parts are expencive though. my friend drives a 94 civic which is done up with altezza's and 17' rims and all and she had a right off accident last night and the whole front is literally fcked. i feel so sorry for her, her car always gets damaged and she doesnt even deserve anything like that...hmmm no insurance. ooh ooh thats right, i was gonna ask if you had insurance sexy2000~black??? like no one insures poeple on there p's these days, and if they do, they charge around 3k a year. get back, thx. keep on rockin' tha s2k
Old 10-30-2003, 07:39 PM

too bad about your friend...on the bright side she can go shopping for a new car now. the thing about honda parts are, that they are a bit over price but when you buy from a dealer you can also buy a extended 3 yr new car warranty, which covers 95% of the parts, so parts breaking down isn't really an issue for me, plus also s2000 are so reliable anyway, i havent had anyt problems yet. also the boot is a lot roomier than you might think. there is a box where the tools are held and if you want to take that out theres even more room, more than enough for a 15" sub. it certainly has more room than a supra or a mr2 spyder. oh yeah and the thing about insurance is that if you can put under your parents name than you can save you a sh*t load of money, for me it would have been 4.8 but coz i put it under my mums name it only costs me 2.2. BTW im off my P's now , which also helps with insurance.

ive seen a hot blonde chic driving a red s2k, and they looked HOT!!! the car and the girl...too bad they were driving on the other side of the road and going the opposite direction otherwise i would have pulled up and said hello

ps. tha s2k is rockin'
Old 10-30-2003, 09:04 PM

haha

thats crazy! im so eager to get one now that its so not funny! yay yay subwoofer mate...hehe jokin! i dont mind as far as colour goes anymore but black or white would be nuts yeah but if you put insurance under your parentals name, and you get pulled over, it comes up and your in for a fine? im not sure. unless you lie and say 'im driving it for mum'. anyway bump that i dun care. yeah off your p's, good ish. yeah my friend who smashed her civic is off her p's too. if i knew how to put pics up i would do so. oooh man, i so cant wait for my s2k im going evil over it. yeah im not sure were you live, but in melbourne in australia theres one huge *** street called 'chapel street' and it has alot of clubs and cafe's. for over 40 years now there has been some sort of thing were everyone (and i mean EVERYONE) with nice cars are always up and down the street. mostly p platers but i always go down there and see all the nice cars. im talking thousands of cars, but i think the nissan skyline trend has gone WAY too far. maybe you have grown out of things like that but seriously its good fun. when you see a chick in a nice car, ou can always pull down your windows for a chat if she wants to talk back that is haha i am just scared of old guys (like old guys) tooting there horns and stuff, its just not right. but mel (my friend mel, not me) and my sister and me are pretty well known down there. haha. well i better go. have fun driving your s2k. seeya

p.s. tell the s2k i love it, and tell it too keep on rockin'!...(i really mean TELL it)
Old 11-01-2003, 03:35 AM

s2000 - which state are you in? I gather you are in Melbourne if you mentioned Chapel St.

Insurance depends on a lot of factors, a major one being location.
Western sydney is one of the worst for insurance ( I should know), but another problem is that many insurance companies now go on the age of the youngest driver.

Whilst you are allowed to insure the vehicle in your parents name, many insurance companies say that you must be a nominated driver on the policy otherwise they will refuse to pay in the event of a claim. If you are a young driver and named on the policy they usually bump up the price a bit (lot). Some other insurance companies simply make you pay a higher excess when you claim if it were a younger driver at the wheel at the time (depends on the insurance company). I guess you have to read through all the fine print, and not just base it on the lowest quoted price.

I'm 26 living in Western Sydney, 1999 Honda s2000 (insured for $50000)I'm the only nominated driver, 60% NCB, paying around $2200 per year with Just Cars.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:56 PM

thanks

hehe yep im a melbourne person!

thanks for the insurance tips. i just wanted to know if paying insurance was worth it in the end. hehe well seeyah! thanks again.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:08 AM

yeah, it would be a good idea to get insurance not only if you have an accident but if you hit someone else as well. i'm over in the west (perth) and i'm insured with gio, under my mums name, i'm a named driver, 50%ncb, comprehensive and its 2.2k/yr.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:11 PM

Telegraph poles alone can cost you $10,000 if you hit one.

[email protected]
Old 11-04-2003, 02:04 AM

sheesh

$10 000 a telepgraph pole? damn...haha! do you need insurance before you can take a loan out of the bank? sorry, im so full of questions. thanks alot guys, i can do with the help! seeyah
Old 12-10-2003, 04:03 AM

just writing in here to let you guys know that the lotto has rocketed up to 30 million, so if i win, ill be sure to tell you that ill get my s2000!..c west kit...hmmm....drool....hehe