All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

Is the S2000 fun despite lack of low end torque?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:49 PM

A clear winner...

This is a limited production vehicle you will enjoy. Torque is fine, HP to weight is incredible, amazing structural rigidity. Purchase one with low miles and you won't be dissapointed.. New Formula Red with black interior is a great color combo..
Old 08-16-2010, 05:19 AM
THE STIG

Def fun!!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by RealJoKeR View Post
WE ARE ALL REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM SO WE BITCH ABOUT HOW CRAPPY OUR CARS ARE..........MORON......I BELIEVE THE MIATA GROUP IS LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD WOMEN....GL
Actually, if you look at the Audi TT forums you'll find plenty of threads about visits from "The Turbo Fairy", Timing belt failures, water pump issues and windows that don't close. And on the Porsche Boxster forums, you will find lots of gnashing of teeth about topics such as RMS and IMS failures (catastrophic engine failures) and lawsuits against PCNA over same. Not to mention cost of service.

The griping threads on S2000 boards are about much less serious topics. This helped turn me against Boxsters and TTs.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by AP2FTW View Post
torque is for people who dont know how to drive

Ahh the ignorance that flows from your head never fails to make me giggle like a school girl.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
Me too!!!!
I'm with you, Murph!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:23 AM

ehhh... if you have problems with low end torque, drive it so that ur in the high end... VTEC??? S2000 is mean't to be driven in high revs.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:24 AM

I DD mine and drive it in downtown D.C. all the time. If I'm just cruising around it feels pretty subdued and fairly harsh, but there's nothing better than hitting vtec in 2nd once you can finally get around that moron who slows down almost to a halt at green lights during rush hour. The lack of torque is no problem whatsoever unless you must drive like a jackass.

the clutch isn't bad at all for stop and go. you get used to the harsh ride, and believe me- you will learn to avoid pot holes and nasty bumps in the road. A few weeks in and now it just seems second nature. To be honest, my only gripe about the car as a DD is the premium fuel and the gas mileage.

the car does not induce any feelings of calm or serenity in an urban environment. with the top up there is tons of mechanical noise. with the top down you attract attention, which is either a good thing or bad thing depending on what you like. I personally don't mind it at all. I'm very happy I purchased this car.

This may sound odd but my greatest draw to the car was the shifter feel. It's the best i've ever felt.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
^^^+1

Find a twisty road and never let the RPMs drop below 6000, then come back and tell us if you think it's fun.
yes - do that. but make sure you have enough fuel to get to the gas station

with S somehow i'm always at 4,000 rm at least even at cruising..... (hope i'm not ruining my engine)
and in this area even my 2L motor pulls nicely.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Who Dat Nation

Originally Posted by bbcricketta View Post
s2000 sox. who cares how intoxicatingly exhilarating it is to hear that four banger scream at 7000 rpm? it's no fun; no fun at all. go buy a camaro.
If you have tons of money, you go ahead and buy a camaro and run it like an S2000 and see how long it lasts lol. If a person has an S2000 and craves more power, just tune it up, add some things, thats the joy of having a vehicle like that...even if it had the power of a camaro, it would still last longer and be faster than one. You have to have an open mind...everyone's different. Its not about the drag strip with S2000's, a true car enthusiast would know that, even if the make isn't the enthusiasts favorite.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:19 AM
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

Originally Posted by BHarrington View Post
everyone's different. Its not about the drag strip with S2000's, a true car enthusiast would know that, even if the make isn't the enthusiasts favorite.
He was pulling your leg...BB has been around here a long time. One of the stock answers to "how do I make my S2k run fast?" is, "get a Camaro (or Mustang or whatever). People who own and know the car know that Momma Honda created a pretty well-tuned vehicle when she made the S2000. There isn't much you can do cheaply to make more power.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:50 PM

I think the 2004 S2000 with the slight additional torque is an awesome automobile. I think in looks and actual, day to day performance, it blows away the Z3 and Miata.Make the right choice! NFR 2004Kenneth Haft
Old 10-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

"So, would it be a better idea for me to get a car with more low end torque so I could feel that power at lower speeds?"
Should I go for liposuction'r hair-implantz?
Are'da schwantz-enlargin' adz in'a back'a my comic-bookz fer real?
Izz'itt live'r'izz'itt Memorex?

How'da @*#& would we know?
Ge'cher a$$ oud'a'da compeuda-chair'n go take'a *#&in' test-ride.
You're'da only one wit'da ansa'da'datt question.

Beg pardon . . left out the killer question whut'da ladiez've been takin' advantage'a us guyz wit' fer eonz: "Duzz'iss make me look fat?".

Last edited by Java Junky; 10-03-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by AP2FTW View Post
also i want one of those buttons

MUST get that button!!! who how where????