All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

Body kit or not to body kit...

Old 12-02-2005, 10:54 AM

Body kit or not to body kit...

I have a black 2002 s2000. I just bought it and am looking to upgrade. I already asked a few questions about what size rims to upgrade to. Now, I'm wondering what type of body kit I should put on it. Which ones look best? Is there any disadvantage or negative effect with having a body kit? Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:48 PM

the main bad thing about body kits is fitment, u never know how well a piece will fit when ordering online, another thing is ur bumper now is polyurethene which flexes and has some give it to it, most after marfet body kits are fiber glass which is prone to crack and does not flex. you could also go with carbon fiber body kits which do not need to be painted, u pretty much need carbon fenders or it will look weird, yea so urethene good but needs paint, fiber glass bad, needs molding, bondo, and it cracks plus paint, carbon fiber good, very good
Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 PM

This is a poll of opinions rather than an objective question. So, my vote in this poll is that all body kits on the S2000 look like absolute crap, ruin the lines of the car, don't help performance, shall I continue? Again, this is just an opinion, but leave the body kits for the Civintegra crowd.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Yeah, this does come across as a poll. So, as for my opinion of body kits: They're whatcha do when you don't know what this car is all about. Granted, I've seen at least one that looked pretty neat, but, the odds are pretty good that it doesn't make the car handle any better r' go any better. So what's the point?
Stewie's about maximum performance with the least amount of mass. To put anything on it that doesn't improve that performance is to miss the whole point of driving the car n' is, to my waya thinkin', a waste of monies that could be better utilized.
Recabinet your kitchen, install a new johnny-flusher in the bath, hell! Change your shorts. But leave a good thing alone.
Be well.
****Under the heading of "Oh yeah": I can go along with a full body-panel switcn from the original to carbonfibre solely (not because of it's current coolness) for the purpose of bein' rid of all the ridiculously minor things that result in dents. It's written as law someplace in automotivedom: "if evil is to befall an Austin-Healey it shall befall it on the aluminum side of the fender welt." (Healeys have a center section of aluminum with steel outer-fenders past the fender welt) Stewie's jus' sittin' there with it all hangin' out in the breeze. So, for the practicality of bein' able to better ward off evil, I'd hafta consider that a full carbonfibre replacement body would be the only "body kit" that I'd consider.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:33 AM

very true the s2000 if perfect as is, the only thing im gonna do it a carbon hood and the carbon hardtop if i get the cash, mabye a trunk too, the comment about all body kits looking like crap stands pretty true in the s2000, there are little to no body kits that enhance the s2000, its perfect as it is, if i ever see a rice wing on an s2000 i will sacrifice my own in a head on collision to rid the world of this problem
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 AM

Old 12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Okay Halo, that's it! Another eye-sore like that n' you're off my Christmas list!
Be well.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:02 PM

lol look at the gayness, that person should be shot for that destruction of perfection
Old 12-05-2005, 02:07 PM

You can use it as a bench to sit on while taking a break at the track.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Okay, well maybe it could be useful as a bench, but if the pilot hadda bail out it'd definitely take 'im apart at the knees. 'Looks like a big cheese slicer.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Java Junky
Yeah, this does come across as a poll. So, as for my opinion of body kits: They're whatcha do when you don't know what this car is all about. Granted, I've seen at least one that looked pretty neat, but, the odds are pretty good that it doesn't make the car handle any better r' go any better. So what's the point?
Stewie's about maximum performance with the least amount of mass. To put anything on it that doesn't improve that performance is to miss the whole point of driving the car n' is, to my waya thinkin', a waste of monies that could be better utilized.
Recabinet your kitchen, install a new johnny-flusher in the bath, hell! Change your shorts. But leave a good thing alone.
Be well.
****Under the heading of "Oh yeah": I can go along with a full body-panel switcn from the original to carbonfibre solely (not because of it's current coolness) for the purpose of bein' rid of all the ridiculously minor things that result in dents. It's written as law someplace in automotivedom: "if evil is to befall an Austin-Healey it shall befall it on the aluminum side of the fender welt." (Healeys have a center section of aluminum with steel outer-fenders past the fender welt) Stewie's jus' sittin' there with it all hangin' out in the breeze. So, for the practicality of bein' able to better ward off evil, I'd hafta consider that a full carbonfibre replacement body would be the only "body kit" that I'd consider.
I agree. I've been looking at the carbon fiber panels for the car. They look great. I wasn't aware that it would decrease the dents though. That's a major plus. But how good would a "stewie" look with all carbon fiber? Never seen one. I'm sure it would turn heads though.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:20 AM

i saw one at sema, carbon bumper, carbon hood, carbon fenders, carbon trunk, carbon hard top, carbon side skirts, carbon rear bumper ,it was at the seibon booth, sick
Old 12-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Ahhh! Grasshopper! Inner tranquility lies not in how it looks . . . but how it goes!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:23 AM

Ahhh! Grasshopper! Inner tranquility lies not in how it looks . . . but how it goes!
Agree, unless it makes the car remarkable lighter and as a result nippier, dunno, does it?
But i like the look of a car to be beautiful and clean.
I have the official body kit and hardtop on my car and that's more then enough for me.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Ah! RC, I suspected as much. You had that quiet, self-assured satisfaction of a hardtop owner. I shoulda known. Those stock hardtops are about as rare as hen's teeth. I've been lookin' for a while. Although, even if I got one, I don't know that I'd use it for anything but to save the raggtopp in the heavy snow.
There's always a really satisfyin' feelin' to gettin' off my bike n' walkin' down the hall to my office with my leathers on while everybody's bitchin' about how cold it is. It ain't as good as that elusive, really good pepperoni pizza, but it's close.
Runnin' back n' forth to work with the top down in the cold (when you're used to dressin' for the bike, sittin' in a semi-protected cockpit is sheer luxury) is a not-so-distant second (alright, third for you guys payin' attention n' addin' in the pizza). I gotta tell ya . . it's gettin' so's I get really uncomfortable in anything that blocks my panoramic view of the sky. I can't imagine how I managed to make it with so many years between roadsters.
Be well guys. G'nite.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:30 AM

rc what u mean by official body kit, what kind, oh is ur hardtop carbon fiber?, if it is how much u pay?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kNY
rc what u mean by official body kit, what kind, oh is ur hardtop carbon fiber?, if it is how much u pay?
The honda one, i'm from Belgium (Europe), they do sell them in the us, don't they?
It should be in the s2000 brochure.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 PM

I gotta tell ya . . it's gettin' so's I get really uncomfortable in anything that blocks my panoramic view of the sky. I can't imagine how I managed to make it with so many years between roadsters.
Be well guys. G'nite.
Uh, move your seat to the front so your head comes over the steering wheel to see the sky and even what's just in front of your car or drive with your head outside the sidewindow like ace ventura did in the movie called pet dedective. But i wouldn't try the parkingtrick he does with the car, it can't be always "like a glove".
Your with me?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm with ya, but I was referrin' to ridin' in anythin' with a top. Yeah, I guess the windshield frame is kinda thick n' it does block out a considerable amount of landscape, but I was jus' whinin' about havin' to ride in anythin' with a top.
The sun's out n' I jus' cleaned the snow off it n' drove home with the top down. I guess some'd think it nuts. I think I'd be nuts if I DIDN'T dooitt.
Be well.
P.S. These Dunlops are outstandin' in the white stuff.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:44 AM

Body Kits

Well hello to all, this is my first post.

I agree with most that this is a poll of opinions, but I can say that if you (dia_cero2002) choose to put a body kit on this already beautiful car. Stay with a Japanese company body kit. It will most likely have the best fitment.

Examples
J's Racing
C West
Amuse
ING+1
Mugen
Varis
Spoon
Feels
Top Secret

Just to name a few.