S2000 Forums - View Profile: jv1

About Me

• About jv1
    Biography
    Retired economist with patent that will eventually payoff big time.
    Knoxville, well out in the boon docks of Knox County Tennessee
    Interests
    Cooking, knife sharpening, hit rnd balls in pockets or rims
    Occupation
    Be comfortable, help wife, losing money on stock market, make tractor mow lawn so can sit down

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 05-21-2015 05:35 AM
  • Referrals: 0

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 5 of 5

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. kgf3076
    02-13-2013 10:01 AM - permalink
    That area is rather interesting (and rather poor). Let's see if I can catch up on some belatedly late news. The Dragon (tail of the dragon) is at Deal's Gap,NC which is about 1 mile from the Tennessee border on Rt 129. Back of the Dragon is Rt 16 from Marion to Taswell, VA. That's 32 miles of curvy road. Austin is a great place. Head down to 6th Street. All the music, all the bars a fellow could ask for. If you're going to be around in October, you might be here for Fall Colors which will be in Marion.
  2. 02-06-2013 01:43 PM - permalink
    jv1
    I've been posting zero for several months. Last I remember you were getting tired of this forum. Has it improved? Had my first negative for my 2007 Lemon Drop. The 12 volt output pulled away when I disconnected the GPS. Haven't got a chance to glue it back yet but I think it is still functional. I should keep up with the little stuff. Still lot's of fun to drive around town but haven't made a 100 mile trip since some glorious day last fall when I drove through the Smokies but no Dragons Tail. I like to drive to small towns with my wife, stay overnight or two. Have gone to Sylva, NC twice and Bryson City once. Enjoy getting a motel room in town and walking around to small stores and restaurants. My next trip in this vane may be Boone, NC.

Hope things are going well for you.

jv1
  3. kgf3076
    08-29-2012 12:34 AM - permalink
    Still here but not posting much due to the high noise level. So you coming to the Dragon (in the Smokies) or Back of the Dragon (at Marion, VA) or are you (like me) just draggin'?
  4. kgf3076
    06-25-2012 03:56 AM - permalink
    Back of the Dragon is in VA so it saves me a bit of Interstate driving (which is a good thing). Back of the Dragon is 32 miles of mixed twisties, switchbacks, and just plain fun road. Come on out. The most dragons seem to come out after a large number of adult beverages. You don't need pepper spray but a bottle of martini olives and maybe cocktail onions is appreciated.
  5. 11-18-2011 08:49 AM - permalink
    jv1
    Now you may be anal about the english language and I can actually speak king's english if i take a notion to. But wife is a former English Lit Professor and my dear mother, bless her soul, was a grade school teacher. So I liked to talk trash just for them. Doesn't phase my wife but I could really get my mom going. Then, I'd say I was just talking in the vernacular like that solved everything. I've known and worked with a lot of engineers from ORNL but most of them were anal but not about grammar. My good friend Ben McConnell used to talk about a nephew that came out of the hills, went to college and got an engineering degree: "4 years ago I couldn't even spell engineer, now I are one". Well enough. Thanks for your notes Ken. I'm planning to take the Golden Finch out for some exercise. Might even get as far as the Dragon's Tail.

Cheers,

jv1, member emeritus
  6. 11-18-2011 08:49 AM - permalink
    jv1
    OK Ken, I'm Jim or JD or if you just want to make up something that's ok. I've been going through a manic phase which seemed to happen just after I got hold of the Golden Finch but not sure it's a cause or just coincidence. Now I'm trying to calm down but had got caught up in this forum stuff on why they quit making the S2000. As an former economist it was pretty clear to me but I've been trying to help one of the nice guys with some fundamental analysis of supply, demand, and why Mutter Honda don't do nothing that loses big bucks for altruistic reasons. Don't know if you've been following that thread so apologize. continued
  7. kgf3076
    11-18-2011 05:33 AM - permalink
    Part II

Be careful of the bite though. I'm really anal about the English language (as some people here can tell you). My bite is worse than my bark though . Keep an eye out for the registration to open for WTD-X. It should be soon (at least that's what Raul keeps saying). Of course, there's nothing to keep you from coming to the Dragon anytime you wish. Okay..enough palaver...welcome (and just to keep things in balance...you do have a name right? )

-ken
  8. kgf3076
    11-18-2011 05:33 AM - permalink
    You think you're having problems? I don't even recognize the "Private Notifications" any more (they used to be PM's (Personal Messages but I guess that wasn't Facebooky enough so they messed around and came up with this format)). It's a bunch easier if you just call me Ken (that's what my wife calls me, among other things). I'm an engineer but the computer/network/security (select one from column A, two from column R) but that doesn't prevent me from having fun now and then. I'm considering running for prez on S2KCA.com. You'd have to be a member to vote and I'd never vote for anyone that would belong to a club that would let ME be a member. Friending...hmmm. If I can figure out where the OKAY button for that is, you're been befriended (or is it me that's been befriended? Never could keep that straight).

-ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.