Honda S2000 | S2000 Forums | S2000 Pictures

Go Back   S2000 Forums > Technical > Wheels / Tires / Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Wheels / Tires / Suspension Sponsored by Tire Rack
Click Here

Welcome to the S2000 Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #1

bolt pattern

i have a really noob question so please dont hurt my feelings too bad.... but ne ways. i'm looking at getting some new rims with my tax return and before i blow my money i want to know... the bolt pattern for Stewie is 5x114.3 would rims with a bolt pattern fit if they were 5x114 or is that a no go? i just want to make sure cuz wheelnext is saying that the rims im looking at will fit Stewie.

nevermind guys i finally found them in 5x114.3 pattern. man that took some digging on google.....

Last edited by S2Ace; 02-01-2011 at 05:13 AM.
S2Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Resident Curmudgeon

You're doon'a right thing Ace.
Da salesmen'll swear up'n down'att whuddever dey're sellin'z exactly right for you, even when'ey know'itt's not.
I'll let da proz answer diss for you.
But lemme stress'a'cha wanna make sure you've got da positive offset datt Stewie needs.
'Ain't many wheels out dere whut fit Stewie.
Check'da Wheels/Tires/Suspension forum for'da sticky on whut fittz'n whut don't.
Good luck.

('N my comments on'a salesmen come from experience. 'Got two'a'da cooles' planterz 'a'cha ever did see.)

Rome is the mob. Conjure magic and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death and they will love him for it.
Java Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:13 AM   #3

there is a good fitment guide here if you do a search
GUNVOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
THE STIG

Check the off-sets.

MY2000 #2249 MODS: APR carbon fiber spark plug cover, Megan Racing test pipe, Megan Racing drift spec catback exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, Tanabe NF210 springs, Rick's smoked side markers, OEM front lip, OEM rear lip spoiler, AP1 OEM wheels painted black w/chrome lip, Carbon fiber cooling plate
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #5

thanks guys i looked the list. it had great info. i never really paid much attention to rims. it was great learning. as far as the rims im looking at, there the XXR 962 in gold. everything is good except for the offset. the rear wheels will be 17x9 with a +35 offset. am i getting into trouble with that offset?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
Resident Curmudgeon

Iff'itt'z okay on'da chart datt'z push-pinned up ta'da out-house wall, you're good.
If yer varyin' from'itt . . well . . idd'll be'a learnin' experience.

But . . jus' off'da topp'a my head . . whuss Stewie call for in'a rear? Like plus 65?
Figure 35 from 65. 'Att'z how much trouble you'll be gettin' inda.

Rome is the mob. Conjure magic and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death and they will love him for it.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #7

if i rememeber correctly i think it said the minimum was 40. so i'm hoping that 35 won't be too bad. but like u said it'll have to be a learning experience. once i get them ill find out n let u guys know. i can't find to many bronze or gold rims that'll look good that have the exact measurements. wuts important to me is the stagger cuz i don't want to sacrifice handling for looks....
Old 02-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
Resident Curmudgeon

'Ain't no gray areaz wit' numbaz Ace.
Fordy'z fordy.
Idd'ain't dirdy-nine.
Idd'ain't dirdy-eight.
Idd'ain't even dirdy-seven.
'N'itt sure'z hell ain't dirdy-five.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #9

yea java ur right. i'm pretty sold on getting the rims. the only problem is the offset for the rear so wut i'm looking into are some preformance wheel spacers to get the offset right.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 AM
S2000
Honda S2000

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 17x9, 35, 5x, 962, bolt, honda, offset, pattern, pics, rim, s2000, spacing, wheel, wheels, xxr