xm not working - S2000 Forums
Honda S2000 | S2000 Forums | S2000 Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #1

xm not working

purchased a 2005. Love the car! I will replace the original radio and speakers. The car has the honda xm radio in the trunk along with the antenna on the trunk lid. No sign that it is working. I hit the aux button and nothing happens not even channel 0. I guess I could just put a serious/xm unit behind the head unit but I was hoping to save any room there for a mini amp. Something tells me not much room back there. I don't need a CD player these days. That should save some space with a smaller head unit. Any thoughts on where to start with getting the xm unit working? Great car! Can't wait for the snow to melt in the northeast.
hipf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
8 Hours NE of the Dragon

I doubt it the OEM XM unit will work with any other head unit. Just get a replacement with SiriusXM built in.
kgf3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
2009 Rio Yellow/A7E/A330

I agree.
As far as new HU fitment, try Crutchfields. I used them to purchase a top Sony with 45 watts and input for amp if desired. I wanted a CD unit and something to adjust/match the lights in the car. I used a Modifry plug and play harness and adapter so I can use the remote controls by the steering wheel. My phone (note 4) controls the the HU via app. I love it. I rarely open the radio door now except to play with a CD.
There is an amp, I want to say Sony, that can fit behind most HU that fit in the S.
I was pleasantly surprised how well my stock speakers sounded with the new 45 watt HU. I was going to change them but not now. I also added sound material NVH (noise vibration harshness) material (b quiet and 3M thinsulate) which also had quite an impact on sound.
cosmomiller is offline   Reply With Quote