Honda S2000 | S2000 Forums | S2000 Pictures

Go Back   S2000 Forums > Technical > All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

All Other Honda S2000 Related Discussions Share your knowledge, experience and info about Honda S2000

Welcome to the S2000 Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

Send a message via AIM to JDMHonda
Need a PCH Meet!!!

We really need to have a meet around PCH with a big turnout. After i watched this video, i couldnt imagine how awesome it would be. Chaz, i know you can pull something off like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVkU...eature=related
Old 01-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
"Enjoy the drive"

I use to live 5 1/2 blocks from PCH in Huntington Beach. Walking distance to surf. Gotta like that.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.
gomarlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm in. You build it; I will come.

I wonder what the event was to which they were going. There were a bunch of checkered flags on the posts near that grass field where they were parking.

The google lot looked like their office in Santa Monica. Kind of implies someone either was associated with Google or lived right near it and knew it would be empty and open that morning. Parking spots are a safely guarded treasure in Santa Monica so I'm figuring google employee was involved somehow.
RMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

IM IN!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

What we need to do is find a day where most people around socal are free and plan this out? I really want to go out for a s2000 meet with a lot of turnout.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Chart House PCH

Wanna meet at the Chart House parking lot this Sunday?
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMHonda View Post
What we need to do is find a day where most people around socal are free ....
Free??? Ha! I'm definitely not free. Just ask my husband. He's got the credit card bills to prove it!

Seriously though, I'll check in with the SO and see if a Sunday ride this weekend is doable. It also kind of depends on the status of my left rear tire. Noticed it was low on Tuesday... kinda worried it might have a problem (nail maybe... couldn't see any), but I haven't had time to take it in. Since it isn't my DD I kind of put it off.

P.S. Chart House. Mmmmm. They have chocolate there don't they? Yes, yes, I know. It's just a meeting spot. Wouldn't even be open yet.

Last edited by RMurphy; 01-07-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: cuz chocolate is worth mentioning even more than spam.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

Quote:
Wanna meet at the Chart House parking lot this Sunday?
Id be down Marrk. Havent driven with you guys in a long while. Lets see if we can get more people to tag along. Murphy? Chaz? Philiam? Rick?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

CHART HOUSE ON SUNDAY.....WHAT TIME???
Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJoKeR View Post
CHART HOUSE ON SUNDAY.....WHAT TIME???

9:00 a.m.-ish. >>>>>>> to be firmed up in the next 36 hours, but 9 sounds about right.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to chazdawg35
Sorry peeps, It's NFL Playoff's this weekend and next I'll be in San Diego to see the Chargers KICK BUTT! I really want to set up a BIG meet after the Super Bowl, I'll be back to free weekends to drive til I drop! You can come to my apartment to watch the game and have a meet, I do have a large parking lot.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

I want to go on a drive with you guys one day, but cant this weekend. I'm def down for a PCH drive
RayYay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

Marrk, lets wait till tomorow to see who else can make it then we'll make this official? RealJoker, can you make it?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

You California people make me SICK...

...only kidding and just jealous!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Marrk, lets wait till tomorow to see who else can make it then we'll make this official? RealJoker, can you make it?
IM IN......I JUST PUT MY STOCK WHEELS BACK ON!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

Hey, Murph. I got a line on a chocolate place in Malibu. You in?

How about you other guys?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

I got my tire repaired this afternoon and if it's holding air in the AM I'll be there. Apparently, my tire got screwed. It was a pretty good sized one buried deep in the middle tread of the tire, which is why I couldn't readily see it with the tire still on the car and why it didn't give the tell-tale tick,tick,tick that a nail often gives.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
just havin' fun

this may be a last min. question but I would like to know is the meet this Sunday, Jan. 10th? if so Would love to go. this would be my first meet so what do I need to bring besides my S2K? and where is the "Chart House"? What city is it in?
will williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Chart House
18412 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265-5796
9:00 a.m. 1-10-10

Okay, it's on.

The Players: Murphy, Joker, Bear, Will, and me.

To Will Williams: What do you have to bring? Bring money so you can buy us lunch.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
just havin' fun

Sorry guys, my sweet wife reminded me about the brake job i have to do on her Volvo tomorrow, so I cant make it . Please keep posting future meets now i really want to go on one.
will williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

Sorry Mark, i cant make it either. I have to go to my godfathers house.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

Great run today. Marrk took Tuna Canyon a little slower this time so I could keep up. Brian drove down from Pasadena and I think we all had a good time. We had a black and yellow sandwich in the parking lot when we met at the Chart House (Brian and Marrk were like two typical guys in an empty parking lot: have to leave at least one stall between each other, so when I pulled up I parked my yellow car between the two black ones) and we killed time for a bit hoping more would show up. Hey RJ... what happened to you?

Weather was absolutely gorgeous. Literally *the* perfect temperature. While I'm sure it is possible that there are more enjoyable things on Earth, I still think today's run with the perfect weather and the smell of chaparral on the air, and some of the most stunning views of canyons and ocean tops pretty much everything I can think of right now. Catalina was visible although admittedly not as clearly as on some days I've seen.

I think the perfect day would consist of several of the runs we did today, then a leisurely picnic lunch on one of the overlooks (preferably one with the chaparral nearby) with a light sauvingnon blanc followed by some really decadent chocolate. But I'm a girl, so I'm weird like that. The biggest problem I see with this scenario is that even with all the towels I keep in the trunk, a bottle of wine is going to have a hard time surviving a "spirited" drive down Tuna! That and the fact that I'd have to wait an hour or two before driving again.

*sigh* Those of you who didn't make it, I gotta tell ya, you missed a great run.

And Brian... tell your wife we appreciated the loan of you for the day! Great to meet you!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

RealJoKeR (Brian) is a cool guy. Very funny. Funnier and cooler than me. In fact, I hate him. Good driver, too.

What Murphy said above is, as it were, true.

Hey, Murph, I wasn't going slower down Tuna. You were going faster. I'm changing your license plate to "MANIAC."

The license plate I have picked out for Brian is "KY DERBY." Since he's not from Kentucky, it could only mean one thing, although I have no idea what that one thing could be. But, just to be on the safe side, maybe he shouldn't drive with it through West Hollywood. Do you think he'll like it?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'm an idiot! I didn't realize RJ and Brian were one in the same! Dammit! There ought to be a rule that we need to wear freaking name tags with our AKAs on them!

Re the license plate for Brian... um, well, I think that would be *cute*. Sure. This wouldn't have anything to do with his following distances now would it?

And I'm not a complete maniac, just mostly. And you *were* going slower. There is no way I improved that much since last time. Yes, I admit I did finally convince myself the yellow line on the one-way road is just a suggestion, but that couldn't have bought me *that* much time on that road. Nah... you were going easy on the girl.

Brian (RJ) you would be proud. I got home and cleaned my wheels with one of those nice little soft cloths just like you had with you today (well, okay, it took more than one). And I was right: if you drive the roads the way one ought to in these cars, the wheels get pretty well covered in brake dust in about 30 minutes anyway.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

I wish i coudve made it. Im itching for a drive with my Star Specs. Can anyone make it this tuesday morning? Yes i know its a random day.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #26 (permalink)

Tuesday? Nope. Gotta work.

But if you organize a big group get together on a weekend, I believe people will come. You just need to set a date (and a fall-back date in case of weather), announce it, and actively advertise/promote it. How big you want it to be will determine how much time in advance you have to announce it and how much you have to promote it.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #27 (permalink)

YOU BOTH ROCK!!!!......NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME,IM SEARCHING THE WEB FOR AN ANTENNA WITH A 'LOVE LEAN'
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJoKeR View Post
YOU BOTH ROCK!!!!......NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME,IM SEARCHING THE WEB FOR AN ANTENNA WITH A 'LOVE LEAN'

Did I mention how those after-market running lights on your car look cute? They really do.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

I THOUGHT WE AGREED ABOUT USING THE "C" WORD............RM, THE 3 OF US SPEND THE MORNING TOGETHER & YOU NEVER REALIZED WHO I WAS/AM???
Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

You started it, pal. You wan' a piece of me? C'mon. I'm right here.

Murphy didn't recognize you. I think she was overwhelmed by your Cary Grant-like suavité. Or is it David Niven? I know I got a little flustered myself.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrk View Post
You started it, pal. You wan' a piece of me? C'mon. I'm right here.

Murphy didn't recognize you. I think she was overwhelmed by your Cary Grant-like suavité. Or is it David Niven? I know I got a little flustered myself.
(blushing) IF YOU GUYS DO THAT AGAIN.....I HOPE I WARRANTED AN INVITATION.....IT WAS VERY COOL TO MEET/HANG/DRIVE/LAUGH WITH REAL PEOPLE,NOT KEYBOARD COWBOYS.....THX AGAIN
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

RJ/Brian: You were just some cool guy named Brian that came down from Pasadena for the run! I expected RJ to be a real (|)hole, you know? You couldn't be him!

No... I have to fully confess I never made the connection. I proclaim my idiocy far and wide!

EDIT: I also just didn't have it in my head you had a black S. I don't know why, but I just had it in my head yours was blue.

Last edited by RMurphy; 01-11-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
RJ/Brian: You were just some cool guy named Brian that came down from Pasadena for the run! I expected RJ to be a real (|)hole, you know? You couldn't be him!

No... I have to fully confess I never made the connection. I proclaim my idiocy far and wide!

Murphy, I recognized him immediately. He looks just like his avatar. Only more so.

Tell Brian that he's invited to all our runs. The only people we're not driving with are the ones who start meet-up threads and then don't show.

Last edited by Marrk; 01-11-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

^Lol.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

IM HOPIN' NEXT TIME WE DO THIS MAYBE WE COULD A WIDER COLOR SPECTRUM.....I MEAN MARRK & I ALREADY HAVE BLACK COVERED!!! IT WOULD MAKE A COOL PIC,IMO
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #36 (permalink)
Suzuka FTW

Hey hey, dont kick me out of this. Im gonna come next time for sure with my Suzuka
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
Resident Vigilante

Sunday 1/10/10 Meet & Greet

You mean something like what we did yesterday at the Dan Diego Meet & Greet? We had 36 S2000's come out to play ... see below

http://gallery.me.com/bretthmorey#100101

Quote:
We really need to have a meet around PCH with a big turnout. After i watched this video, i couldnt imagine how awesome it would be. Chaz, i know you can pull something off like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVkU...eature=related
"Political Correctness is a pathetically ignorant doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous agenda filled revisionist mainstream media, which holds forth fallacy as fact that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of **** by the clean end."

Last edited by s2kx2; 01-11-2010 at 08:50 PM.
s2kx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #38 (permalink)

Sure, something like that but not 2-3 hours away from where we live.

PS Who is Dan Diego and why was he meeting and greeting?

Last edited by RMurphy; 01-11-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMurphy View Post
Sure, something like that but not 2-3 hours away from where we live.

PS Who is Dan Diego and why was he meeting and greeting?

Not Dan Diego! Don Diego. The cigar guy.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to chazdawg35
Well looks like you guy's had fun I wish I could have made it but the S.D. run is this weekend! LOL! Vinny did you ditch the bra all together? your front end looks new.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
S2000
Honda S2000

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, angeles, los, meet, pch, s2000, s2k, socal, topless, youtube